Dear Prospective Fitness Trainer,
First of all, thanks for taking the time to visit Body Basics Fitness. It’s my hope that you have precisely what I need in a trainer so I can take this page down immediately and put you to work in the fun and rewarding coaching position I have available.
Let me start by telling you about me, my company and the available personal training position.
My name is Larry Wasserman and I am the owner and fitness director for a company called Body Basics Fitness in Warren, New Jersey.
Body Basics Fitness is dedicated to helping busy men and women achieve their health and fitness goals through customized nutrition and fitness programs.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, and energetic person to start training some of our current clients.
Our studio in Warren, NJ.
We currently offer personal training and small group training, which educate, motivate, and support men and women to improve their health and fitness.
If you are hired for this training position, you’ll begin training clients in our award-winning program, alongside a fantastic team of trainers.
Bottom line: we are looking for part time trainers to join our team. If selected, you’ll go through an 8-week internship period, where we will make sure you learn all the necessary skills fit for our team. We have an incredible team that focuses on getting our clients real results, building a sense of community, and has a lot of fun in the process.
My team is like family to me. I’m very fair, respectful and appreciative. I like having fun, making a difference, and providing highly valuable fitness services and products. You will be treated fairly and I will certainly look for ways to reward you for your efforts if they warrant it. I am looking for someone who enjoys working with people and making a real impact in the lives of others… because that’s what we do at Body Basics Fitness.
Tasks You’ll be Expected to Perform
- Develop Comprehensive Health & Fitness Programs For Clients: You’ll receive coaching and training on our fitness system and programs, but you’ll have flexibility to incorporate your training style and knowledge.
- Tracking Client Progress: In order to ensure a client’s success in our programs, you’ll need to track weekly progress, current successes and challenges, review client nutrition and exercise log worksheets and more on a weekly basis. It will be your job to hold a client accountable to his/her health and fitness program to ensure the best results possible.
- Perform Fitness Evaluations: Ideally, you’ll have fitness assessment skills and can test for: body composition, body weight, girth measurements, and flexibility. You do not need previous experience or an FMS certification, but if you do, that’s a bonus.
- Coach both 1-1 and Group Fitness Classes: You’ll be responsible for weekly exercise sessions and keeping detailed progress reports on the clients you’re working with. If a client is having challenges, you’ll coach and motivate client and make appropriate changes to ensure consistent progress.
- Demonstrate Proper Exercise Instruction: This is a big one. I need you to be able to provide proper coaching, instruction, and motivation during a client training session. You should have a working knowledge of the human body (i.e. muscles, movements, functions, etc) and be able to provide appropriate exercises for client’s goals.
- Provide Ongoing Health and Fitness Education: Our clients rely on us to service all of their health and fitness needs. It is your job as a fitness coach to provide your clients with health and fitness education on various topics that will empower them to lead healthy lives forever. You’ll be provided with educational tools and resources, will be expected to study them and speak about them with your clients. We also spend time covering this in our monthly staff meetings.
These are the skills you must already have in order to qualify for this position:
- Excellent Communication Skills: you will be talking with MY clients, who are VERY important to me. You must be comfortable conversing in-person and on the phone and know how to conduct yourself professionally, and deliver clear instructions to the clients. I’ll teach you everything you need to do during a training session, but I can’t teach you manners and professionalism.
- People Skills and Personality – Must LOVE working with people! As mentioned above you must be very comfortable working with people. This is an exciting company and you must be able to show your clients energy and excitement while working with them.
- Health and Fitness Education: At least one year of personal training experience and have a working knowledge of health and fitness. You MUST also be currently certified (or actively working towards a certification) and have a Current First Aid/CPR certificate.
If you have these additional skills, your resume will go right to the top of the stack (but if you don’t have these skills, you should still apply because these are not mandatory).
- Previous personal training experience (fitness studio, health club, in-home trainer, etc.)
- Basic nutrition knowledge
- National Certification
- Exercise Science Degree
How to Apply
I’m looking to hire the right person to hire relatively quickly. So if this job sounds good to you, then:
1. Complete the form below.
2. Next, email your resume along with a short letter on why you believe you would be a good fit for our team to firstname.lastname@example.org
I will review your application and resume. If I believe you would be a good fit for our team, I’ll call or email you to set up a personal interview.
The sooner I get your resume, the better. This will not be a long, drawn out process. I believe in taking action quickly.
I look forward to reviewing it and hopefully meeting you personally.